1.0.1 finalizes the synth patch editor and includes several bug fixes.
- Finalization of synth patch editor
- Adds Saving and loading synth patches within projects
- Clarification of controls and labels for parameters
- Knob name is displayed on the synth macro editor page for easier navigation and editing of macros.
- “Init Patch Loaded” is displayed after the Init patch action in the synth menu.
- The LFO Ratio synth parameter value was occasionally loaded with incorrect values within the patch (*)
- Changing the synth Model and loading the first Patch in the list left the previous Patch name displayed
- WTFM synth Glide Time value was much shorter than the displayed value (*)
- Synth Glide Mode values became out of sync with the display when scrolling backward through the list of modes.
- WTFM synth had “Env 1” listed twice under Macro parameters (Env 2 is missing)
- Using the Back button when naming a synth Macro temporarily saved the name change, but not after exiting and re-entering the Macro page
- Confirming the synth macro name too quickly left glitches or the wrong name in the UI header
- The latest synth macro changes were not saved and recalled when restarting the unit
- Synth Patches with Voice Volume mapped to another Macro (instead of Velocity) could load with incorrect volume parameters (silent)
- Synth Macro names longer than 20 characters didn’t display correctly on the screen UI
- Macro names are now limited to 20 characters
- The bipolar macro value didn’t get saved after using the Tempo knob to change it
- Occasionally the wrong Patch name was displayed after loading a project
- Fixes marked with (*) might make previous projects and synth patches sound different if they use Glide (WTFM synth model only) or LFO modulation (all synth models).
- Occasional crashes when tapping the Randomize knob while switching pad presets in Perform mode when Knob Double Tap is set to “On” in config Settings
- Parameter knob display and values might flicker when Knob Double Tap is On in config Settings
- Occasional freezing when loading sample packs, folders, projects, or samples that include sample names longer than 32 characters
- Audio / MIDI over USB can have glitches or not get recognized by your OS/DAW as a device in certain configurations. This depends on your CPU, USB connection, computer OS, DAW, buffer size setting, etc. To avoid issues we suggest the following:
- Avoid using USB hubs (we don’t support them) and instead connect the Play+ directly to your computer’s USB port
- To make sure Play+ is correctly recognized as an audio device by your computer OS and DAW:
- first, connect the USB cable while your Play+ is still switched off
- then power on the Play+
- launch the DAW
- and finally, select Play+ as your audio input and output device
- If you are still experiencing issues then we suggest trying another buffer size setting or creating an aggregate device to use a different audio output device simultaneously with Play+ as your input device
- Aggregate device setting especially helps with buffer underruns which result in a buzzing/frozen loop at the output and can happen in certain configurations during operations like switching synth patches while playback is running
- Note: Several issues have been reported from users with AMD Ryzen processors.
This is Play+ 1.0.1 public beta release which brings patch editing and saving functionality for the new Synth engines. Besides the known issues listed below beware that the beta release might introduce new bugs that may lead to loss of work, data corruption, performance degradation or crashes. If you run into any issues please share them with us by logging a Bug in Backstage.
- Synth patch editor
- Synth patch saving and initialization
- Synth patch saving and loading within projects
- Sometimes LFO Ratio parameter value is not correctly loaded with the patch
- Synth Macro names longer than 20 characters don’t display correctly on the screen UI
- Sometimes after changing the synth Model and loading the first Patch on the list leaves the previous Patch name displayed
- Bipolar macro value doesn’t get saved after using the Tempo knob to change it
- Sometimes wrong Patch name is displayed after loading a project