Download resources for Polyend instruments
Polyend Tool v1.1 is an application for macOS (10.14 or later) and Windows 10, offering a convenient way of firmware upgrades. Required to update the following devices: Medusa, Poly 2, Preset, Seq, Tracker (only in the emergency mode). It can also be used to dump/load the presets in the Medusa and Seq instruments. Please read the attached instructions for both the app and appropriate instruments.Changelog
Disabling the Windows Defender/custom AV apps may be needed for successful flashing.
Polyend Anywhere module is not offering firmware updates.Changelog
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Check Medusa's currently installed firmware version in the Config > Firmware. Find the updated online manuals in the Support/Manual section.Changelog
– Config reset added to the flashing process.
– Swing bug eliminated.
– Added LFO random S&H wave (the last position).
– Each synth parameter is now displayed with the assigned CC number.
– Both LFOs and envelopes are now able to send out their native values out as CC (set it up from the MIDI config menu).
– Added MIDI Local Off (as a MIDI config option), you can now use the Medusa MPE pads to play another instrument and play the internal synth engine with an external controller at the same time.
– Refined Grid workflow.
– Adjusted Filter Cutoff.
– A new set of 64 wavetables.
– Fixed external MIDI clock sync.
– New more precise DADSR behaviour.
– Enhanced knob noise filtering mechanism.
– New presets from Benn Jordan and Machinedrum.
– Added velocity off also for external MIDI controllers.
– New pads backlit: Note – 2/3, Tie – 1/2, Modulators – 0.
– Voice priority is now a preset value instead of a global setting.
– Record note length in live record mode and in the incremental mode.
– Fixed MIDI behaviour when receiving lots of communicates, won’t crash anymore.
– Now, in order to see the pads with modulators only, press and hold the Clear button.
– Enhanced Drone mode, you can now turn on and off the notes while they’re sustained.
– A repaired issue with playing external controller over MIDI DIN in Monophonic play mode.
– While holding a pad with modulators, they will change the sound as long as you hold them not only per sequenced step time as before.
– When the sequencer is running, pressing other pads in the Grid mode is not taking over the note, just the synth voice parameter modulations.
– When the sequencer is running and you’re editing a single step, you can actually hear the modulations made to this particular step as long as you hold it pressed.
– Note TIE (note length) and RND (change note in a selected scale in a range of two octaves) per step. When in the Grid mode editing notes, click the encoder once to use Tie and twice to use Random.
Polyend Perc is not offering firmware updates. Download the 3D model of the clamp bushing if you'd need additional ones or replacements.Changelog
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Check Poly 2 currently installed firmware version in the Config menu > Firmware. Find the updated online manuals in the Support/Manual section.Changelog
– Improved USB Host port stability.
– Fixed glide in the lowest octaves.
– Fixed contingent momentary voltage present on the CV outputs in particular scenarios.
– Now CCs (1-128) can be assigned to a voice (1-8) or paired with MIDI channel (all, 1-16).
– New play mode – Mono was added with a legato functionality implemented (legato isn’t available in channels mode anymore).
– The Middle C config option was changed to Octave Offset it now allow changing incoming notes in a range of four octaves +/-.
– Fixed smoothing.
– Fixed pitch-bend values.
– Improved aftertouch conversion.
– Minor stability fixes implemented.
– Rebuild and simpler CV/CC menu.
– Improved MPE functionality and added an MPE profile.
– Note On with 0 velocities was able to freeze a voice, not anymore.
– The naming of the pitch bend values is now changed from z +/- notes to +/- semitones.
– Added Glide functionality (now on the main screen instead of the musical scale indicator).
– Added Factory Reset function in the config menu and changed default settings of middle C.
– A large number of MIDI communicates were able to freeze voices over the USB host port, fixed.
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Apparently, Preset does not have a screen to check the firmware version, so you can't check it. Just update it to the newest one to make sure it's running on it.Changelog
– Fixed Scales.
– Fixed Microtuning.
– CV input type was not saved to the preset, not anymore.
– Turning the encoder in the Cyan/Notes mode will now automatically play the selected note.
– Simultaneous press of the three function buttons together was sending a gate signal, not anymore.
– Added fourth CV input mode – Sync Automation, where received gate signal reset/retrigger all the recorded automation.
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Check the Seq's currently installed firmware version on the splash screen at startup. Before commencing the update read the installation instructions text file attached in the archive. Important – when flashing, connect the Seq to the computer using the USB cable only, with AC adapter disconnected! Otherwise, you’ll brick it. If this happens, don't sweat, just reflash the bricked Seq on the USB power only.Changelog
– The MIDI transport was behaving strangely in certain circumstances, not anymore.
– Fixed issue where note offsets (nudges) recorded from external controllers were not working properly.
– Added compatibility with the new Polyend Seq Tool for firmware flashing and pattern dump/load functionality.
– The issue with populating a track with the use of the Roll knob causing that the manually added steps were muted is now fixed.
– Notes incoming from the external controller over MIDI input are being automatically transmitted to all MIDI outputs (DIN, USB).
– Added new roll Velocity Curve – Random.
– The start button resets the cue point for all the tracks.
– All the previous user-reported bugs are now removed.
– The increased refresh rate for the incoming MIDI signals.
– New rolls behaviour, they work on the whole length of a step now.
– Toggle on/off of a step with roll attached won’t lose the roll parameter anymore.
– Unstable behaviour while on an external MIDI clock in the first phrase was fixed.
– Added per track step retrigger – click and hold down the Move knob and indicate the step/s on a track/s you want to retrigger from.
– Added roll Note Curve – each step in the roll’s length will trigger notes in a scale set to the particular track – Flat, Inc, Dec, Inc-Dec, Dec-Inc, Random.
– New Tempo knob functionality. Used with a track button gives access to a per-track tempo divider/multiplier, MIDI channel input, MIDI channel output, MIDI output source (two last positions moved from the Note knob section).
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Check the Tracker's currently installed firmware version on the splash screen at startup. In order to update the firmware, copy the firmware file to the Firmware folder on SD drive > go to Config > Firmware > choose the desired version of PolyendTracker.ptf file and confirm using the screen key.Changelog
– High-quality Reverb is now implemented.
– Implemented sample anti-aliasing in all the play modes.
– Sequential/Immediate pattern change actions in the Performance mode unified with the Pattern mode.
– Fixed bug with notes skipping randomly.
– Adjusted precision of the limiter.
– Improved audio rendering and .it files export.
– Track number is now greyed out when muted.
– Increased resolution in the Granular play mode display.
– Added hold and preview for long samples in Sample Loader.
– General user interface and instrument stability improvements.
– Added metronome with a pre-roll function and a choice of time signatures.
– Press of a Play button in the Song mode will trigger the entire composition.
– General MIDI improvements incl. MIDI timecode and ext. clock optimisations.
– Use home in the Song mode for an immediate jump to the top of your composition.
– Fixed bug which was stopping voices when transitioning between Song and Instrument Parameters.
– Fixed bug monophonic step recording produces double notes.
– Fixed bug which froze the Tracker while selection rendering.
– Fixed bug when the step preview was not always working.
– Fixed bug with random audio output artefacts.
– General MIDI improvements and bug fixes.
– General performance improvements.
– Improved text input.
– Random shape S&H LFO type added.
– Normalizer fx added in the Sample Editor.
– Record chords in the horizontal selection.
– Song mode view is now indicating which tracks are muted.
– Improved MIDI instrument recording, editing and previewing.
– Undo/Redo in pattern mode – undo key + left/right/jog-wheel.
– The Delete key sets the default values of most available parameters.
– Correct patterns with different length in the Performance mode playback.
– Use pads playback in Sample Loader (from SD with base pitch only, from sample pool – pitched).
– Use Length and Step + left/right buttons to change the values with predefined values (1,2,4,8 etc).
– Sample load, delete, copy operations in the Sample Loader are now possible while the sequencer is running,