Download file resources for Polyend instruments. Find the updated online and PDF manual versions in the Help/Read the manual section.
Polyend Tool v1.2.1 is an application for macOS (10.14 or later) and Windows 10 (or higher), offering a convenient way of firmware upgrades. Allowing to update the following devices: Medusa, Poly 2, Preset, Seq, Tracker, and Play (only in the emergency mode). It can also be used to dump/load the presets in the Medusa and Seq instruments.Changelog
Please read the attached instructions for both the app and appropriate instruments.
Windows users take note
Disabling the Windows Defender/custom AV apps may be needed for successful flashing.
Polyend Play Groovebox Firmware SectionChangelog
Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0
- Steps and Tracks can now be copied and pasted between Audio and MIDI.
- Improved assignment of MIDI CCs to control external devices. MIDI Learn Improvements:
- When Note = No Note and playback is stopped: MIDI CCs are sent out (previewed) individually so that the external MIDI receiver can learn them.
Important: Playback must be stopped for MIDI learn to work properly.
- MIDI Pitchbend resets to 0 after stopping the sequence (if it was used).
- MIDI Program Change messages are now sent per MIDI channel instead of per MIDI track.
- MIDI channels for note input are now configurable in the MIDI menu.
- Lost MIDI clock data is now detectable and an onscreen message when using MIDI Clock In and MIDI Clock data is lost.
- MIDI parameter values are reset to default when switching MIDI Channel.
- When Note = No Note and playback is stopped: MIDI CCs are sent out (previewed) individually so that the external MIDI receiver can learn them.
- Stopped triggering notes with “No Note” value when using Scales combined with Repeats, Chance, and Chords in MIDI tracks.
- Scale filter was not applied to Broken and Fixed repeat types in MIDI tracks.
- Humanize Chance action was only sending negative values.
- MIDI PC messages are now sent after switching patterns.
- Double-tapping Chance, Repeat, Chord, Note Length parameters in MIDI tracks now goes to default values instead of empty values (which caused playback issues).
- Song Tempo changes were not applied to next pattern if playback was running.
- MIDI Out Jack no longer stops working after prolonged use.
- Tank / Alien repeats in MIDI tracks now match the behavior in Audio tracks. Note: this may make some tracks sound different when using Tank/Alien with MIDI.
- Bit Depth parameter in MIDI tracks sends only CC values 4-16 (fixed to full range 0-127).
- Notes no longer hang when using Note parameter and MIDI Clock In is external.
- MacOS metadata files with “_” are now hidden and ignored when browsing and loading files on Play (samples, projects, fills).
- Previewing notes during MIDI live recording now play back at the proper Note Length.
- Overlapping notes on the same port/channel will all receive Note Off MIDI messages.
Changes from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
Global Master FX are now customizable.
- Reverb custom settings with parameters (on a scale of 0 – 100)
- Delay custom settings with parameters
- sync rate: 8 – 1/32
- feedback: 0 – 100
- ping pong: on/off
- ping pong ratio: 0.500 – 1.000 (by every 0.005)
- filter frequency 0Hz – 22000Hz (by every 20Hz)
- Equalizer (EQ array: -11,75dB – 12.00dB)
- EQ 115 Hz
- EQ 330Hz
- EQ 990Hz
- EQ 3000Hz
- EQ 9900Hz
- Bass Boost (scale: 0 – 100)
- Space (scale: 0 – 8)
- Attack: 0.05ms – 10.00ms (by every 0.05)
- Release: 5ms – 5000ms (by every 5ms)
- Side chain: on/off
- Sidechain channel: Track 1 – Track 8
- To Edit Master FX enter the MasterFX view (Shift + View) and select “Custom Parameters” to edit the effects settings. Then set the desired effect to “Custom”.
Changes from 1.0.1 to 1.1
- Export files to SD card. Options for master or individual track export, current pattern or whole pattern chain.
- New sample pack: House pack.
- New sample pack: Tech House pack.
- 50 additional Beat Fills: Always Different, Always Late, Autumn Fall, Backtrack, Bicycle Fail, Break It, Cat Hat, Crocko, Destroyson, Driller, Drowner, Dubzap, Fade In, Fast Walker, Fill It, Half Life, Hat Trick, Hi-Hat Uzi, Hitman, Intelektual, Jump Up, Jumpy, Kick It, Look up, Market Beat, Melty, Metal Hits, Mind Glowing, Nice Break, Oh Wait, Pattern Break, Pitcher, Playing Funny, Rewind, Ridge Racer, Robot Drum, Sewers, Slow Down, Snaresky, Spaciality, Spill That, Step Up, Swing It, Swoosh, Take It, Think, Tin, Too Basic, Two People, Way Too Late.
- Sample Management improvement: delete all unused samples in the project.
- Align and improve different Quick Copy workflows for Patterns, Variations, Step Pages and Steps.
- New look of Variations page. Variations are now represented with following colors: Active variation – orange, available variation – yellow, empty variation – dark yellow.
- New look for Patterns page. Empty patterns are represented in a dimmed green color.
- Send MIDI clock & transport out to both DIN/Jack and USB simultaneously.
- New setting to allow for knob sample preview when playback is running, stopped or both.
- Saved session is cleared when switching track variation or pattern.
- Workflow improvement: sample playback using the internal keyboard or external MIDI note now works when a track is selected.
- Workflow Improvement: always use Shift to transpose notes via internal View keyboard or external MIDI Notes In. The internal view keyboard and external MIDI note input will not transpose a sample or samples unless shift is held. If a note is selected without holding shift the sample will be previewed without transposing the selected step.
- Fixed display to update parameters after switching variations.
- Fixed multiple variation copy and display bugs.
- Fixed multiple issues with saving and recalling sessions.
- Fixed crash when deleting a folder during playback and preview.
- Applying random sample actions can now be heard in preview.
- Velocity using an external MIDI keyboard is now recorded.
- Improved MIDI clock timing.
- Changing MIDI note to “no note” no longer locks the note input.
- Multiple steps are no longer modified all at once in live record mode with overdub off.
Changes from 1.0 to 1.0.1
Important behavior change for projects using Bit Depth
Please be aware that because of some necessary changes in the audio processing path, the sound of existing projects using Bit Depth can now considerably change in regard to this effect and the way it interacts with the Volume parameter. The Bit Depth processing was moved to another point in the audio path, and with exactly the same parameter settings in 1.0 firmware, certain projects may result in different sounds in the 1.0.1 firmware.
- While editing all selected MIDI CC step values per track, instead of the desired value, different gradually incrementing values were applied.
- While live recording CC values to steps in MIDI sequencing mode, random values were appearing in the second displayed parameter.
- General project memory management improvements.
- There was an issue in the Patterns mode, where when you Saved the Project in the File menu function key, the currently active/selected pattern was not saved properly.
- The existing variations with an index higher than the Track Length value were not possible to switch to (eg. Track Length set to 4 was making it impossible to select an existing variation 5 and above).
- Selecting variations with Shift were selecting the track steps “below” on the same pads.
- Double tap reset of the track length values (set from 16 to 1, and back to 16) was not updating/revealing the steps displayed on the grid.
- Double tap reset of the selected track parameter was not saved to the current pattern and there was no possibility of undo function for this action.
- Double tap reset of the project and track tempo changes were not displayed on the screen.
- No Undo pop-up info text was displayed after using the Undo function for the Track Speed and/or Track Swing.
- Track’s Step Page was not updating after using the Undo function for the Track Length.
- Certain play modes were blocking the switching of variations during playback.
- Switching variations were not possible when the Micromove value of the first step of the track was negative.
- The device would sometimes crash/freeze on live recording automation of the Sample parameter.
- The Quick Copy of a pattern with variations was not working correctly in certain cases.
- With certain Filter settings used, while samples overlapping, some audio glitches were audible.
- Audio clicks were audible in the Perform mode when toggling on/off Filter presets.
- Audio glitches were audible on switching variations during playback.
- Sometimes variations would have invalid parameter data after quick copying or initialization which could lead to the unit crashing.
- In certain cases changing parameters via knobs wouldn’t update the display.
- Specific Clock and Notes Input settings were causing the crash of certain DAWs.
- We’ve noticed some general performance issues of the instrument on very high tempo values. This is now fixed by limiting the project’s max BPM to 400. The previously created projects will load correctly, but it’s not possible to set the tempo to higher than 400 BPM anymore.
- Previewing sample with the use of the View note input controller was cutting sequenced audio events on the first track.
- MIDI smart-thru was sending the note-off messages too early. This caused that releasing one note in a chord was also killing all other used notes too. Both use the View controller or any MIDI gear used.
- Externally MIDI clocked Play’s sequencer was skipping steps with the Swing parameter set to 70% and above, at 1/1 Track Speed. This behavior was improved but It will still skip steps at faster Track Speeds with certain higher Swing settings.
- Sample Preview was clicking when starting preview of a new sample while the previous has not finished yet.
Added features, improvements, and bug fixes. Check the Tracker’s currently installed firmware version on the splash screen at startup.Changelog
Changes from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0
- New Delay (now with longer Feedback and added Filter).
- Improved looks (new font, with an option to select Original/New in the Config menu).
- New bright Monochrome display theme.
- Faster pattern increment/decrement in Song mode when using the Shift + Jog Wheel keys.
- MIDI Synth Mode (press the Shift + Instrument Parameters keys shortcut to enter, check the manual for more information).
- Added option to export .pti instrument samples to wave files.
- Reworked onboard quick manual by SynthDawg, and additional sample pack from Recue (both require updating the SD card content).
- Delay sync wasn’t working correctly when the MIDI Clock input was set to USB source.
- In a specific case of use, the delay was clicking on an external MIDI clock, not anymore.
- Sample Editor was able to break Sidechain in certain circumstances, this is now fixed.
- There was a Fill Instruments ‘To’ name scrolling issue which is now fixed.
- The Fill function was causing the screen to flash, not anymore.
- Tracker was freezing after sample export.
- Inconsistent shading on value sliders is now fixed.
- Typo in effect description is now fixed.
- LFO was causing issues, but not anymore.
- Freezes in Sample Recorder while using FM radio are now fixed.
- Weird behavior of instrument preview in specific cases was fixed.
- Issues with pads and keys freezing should not appear anymore.
- The tracking line in Song mode was disappearing until the pattern ends after going to Performance mode.
- The jog-wheel steering software issue is now fixed.
- The sample Import Screen glitch is now fixed.
- Glitchy / Stuttering instrument name scroll is now fixed.
- Audio input option was missing from the config.
- Kerning in rename page text field was making it hard to read.
- Open/Save logic is now improved.
- Pattern length was stuck when in perform/song mode.
- Performance mode issues were occurring in certain scenarios.
- Pads were always playing MIDI 01 notes in the Sample Recorder and Save dialogue.
- Export Song Stems was causing glitch on the master WAV files in certain circumstances.
- Switch from loop mode to song mode in the Performance mode was muting effects, not anymore.
- The MIDI Instrument label in Horizontal mode was improperly displayed [M0 instead of M01 in Horizontal].
- The Tempo step Fx’s description was given in % instead of BPM, this is now corrected.
- Redesigned Game mode key assignment (bottom button labels and pad display).
- Hexadecimal mode inconsistencies in the Performance screen are now fixed.
- Rendering with an external clock was causing the Tracker to freeze, not anymore.
- Editing of MIDI CCs + setting CC 1 while restoring default values of MIDI instruments CC is now fixed.
- The “Pattern top info” Pattern was off by 1 when in Hex mode, not anymore.
- Sample Loader Issues related to sample preview are now fixed.
Changes from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0
- Tracker can now save separate instruments with all their settings. This allows importing those instruments to other projects you’re working on.
- You can now select slices in sample playback Beat Slice mode by pressing the corresponding pads.
- The “Step” function button label in Pattern Editor is now labeled “Step jump”.
- Incorrect Fill range in certain settings is now fixed,
- Sample recorder wasn’t recording if MIDI chord was playing.
- Un-deletable instrument after loading project from the previous version is now fixed.
- 1.5.0b1 regression: samples could be normalized to 0 after adding a new sample to the song.
- Fixed freeze after changing granular LFO settings.
- Bringing up the Instruments popup on the Tracker screen occasionally resulted in a flickering screen.
- Slice fill effect counted “From” and “To” ranges incorrectly.
- Tracker mixer’s visual performance is now better.
- Removing OFF events revealed a left-over MIDI instrument on the track.
- Beat slices weren’t fully displaying.
- “Render Selection” was sometimes inconsistent.
- Horizontal view mode edits weren’t always refreshing correctly on-screen.
- Sample preview in Sample Recorder was sometimes distorted.
- Volume of fast rolls was increasing on the last step of a pattern.
- TSTP FX is not anymore interfering with song export.
- Tempo FX values below 40 were treated as T40,
- Current playing pattern wasn’t always in sync with highlighted song slot on the Song screen.
- Sidechain limiter stopped working after playing sound in Sample Editor/Sample Recorder.
- Active Reverb was cut when Sample Recorder was entered, even if “No” was selected.
- Subtle Limiter attack and release sounded too short after device restart.
- Changing radio region to Japanese didn’t apply until device restart.
- Part of the “Additional Info” bar was clearing when moving between Pattern Editor and other screens,
- Using Shift+Up to select contents of the current track selected all tracks instead when sequencer was running.
Changes from 1.3.1 to 1.4.0
- Horizontal pattern edit mode.
- MIDI out latency compensation (available as a MIDI Instrument Parameter).
- Mono support for Line In passthrough.
- Performance Mode now plays through the entire song (Shift+Play on Perform screen to toggle looping without stopping playback).
- You can now switch between Perform screen and Instrument Parameters without resetting the performance, allowing for even more live, modulation.
- New step FX: Arp.
- New step FX: Slide.
- New step FX: gate length (note length shorter than a step).
- New step FX: Swing.
- “Stop” is available in Tempo step FX.
- Line In passthrough now supports Delay and Reverb sends.
- The Transport bar is now more compact, showing both the loop/song playback status and whether the Performance mode is active.
- Transport bar is now also visible in the Pattern screen.
- “Tune” FX in Performance mode now also works for MIDI notes.
- The Tap tempo now requires 4 taps.
- Allow selecting “middle C” for MIDI out.
- Japanese radio frequencies are now supported.
- Improved audio latency.
- Mixer RMS meters weren’t working on panning -50 (max left).
- Stem export uses proper panning.
- Some CC parameter changes on MIDI Instrument Parameters caused white screen flashes.
- TAP tempo now works for tempo >= 60 BPM.
- Pattern numbers on Perform screen only reset when the pattern changes during song playback.
- Renaming tracks with Rec on the Track Mixer screen was flickering when Shift was pressed.
- Wrong song slot highlighted for playback when “Continue Song” was selected in edit mode on Song screen.
- Freeze in MIDI “Note in” selection in Config.
- Toggling off the device without an SD card inserted can be now done with the Power Off button,
- Switching from Perform to other screens while the sequencer isn’t running is now turning off performance mode immediately.
- Switching tracks in Perform mode now keeps them in sync when the newly selected track has a shorter length than the previous one.
- Further decreased screen flashing when some CC parameters are changed on MIDI Instrument Parameters.
- Fixed pressing “loop pattern”/”continue song” sometimes causing the display and the playing pattern to be out of sync.
- Fixed sequential pattern switching on Pattern screen (Fn Key 1 + Right) causing wrong patterns to load when engaged during the last step of the pattern.
- Improved randomness in the auto naming generator tool.
- MTP file transfer functionality is disabled until further notice due to reliability issues with the supporting third-party library.
Fixes from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2
- Added dedicated pad display for beat slice instruments.
- Added a way to exit games selection without rebooting the device.
- Sent MIDI notes were hanging when a sample instrument was used without an explicit Note OFF.
- Sent MIDI notes were hanging on track Mute.
- Real-time microtiming recording was always putting “m02”.
- Deleting unused samples wasn’t working if Sample 1 was unused as well.
- There was high-pitched noise on Medium and Low display brightness settings.
- Held keyboard key speed was too fast.
- Solo labels could get stuck.
- Edits on the Song screen could crash the device when switching to Pattern Editor.
- Undo actions on the Song screen now more predictable with 10 levels of undo.
- Correct stem alignment for tracks beginning with silence.
- Offline song export is now 20% faster and usually faster than wall clock song time.
- Offline stem export now takes around ~2x wall clock song time.
- Drastically improved tempo accuracy in song and stem export.
- Properly reset performance screen after “Continue song” is used.
- Fill mode with a beat slice: lighted pads now correspond to slices.
- Notes played with an external controller in Pattern Editor no longer get stuck.
- Notes played with an external controller now use constant velocity if “Velocity” is not enabled in Recording Options.
- Notes played with an external controller passed to a MIDI Instrument are now velocity-sensitive.
- Protect against pressing “Backspace” accidentally and resetting very low master volume to 0.0 dB.
- MIDI Out messages should not be emitted during offline song export.
- Crashes in Song Mode when using an external MIDI clock.
- Sustained notes were not looping properly.
- Tempo was resetting to 130 BPM after the restart.
- Slices which were already written on pattern shift after changing root note.
- Sample rendering was having an invalid length on pattern change.
- Selection rendering was containing garbled Line In audio.
- Micromove + roll was glitching in certain combinations.
- Samples were getting replaced by white noise after cropping in certain scenarios.
- Pattern selection behavior after releasing and pressing Shift again is now fixed.
- There were errors in scales: melodic minor, blues major, Todi, Gypsy minor, not anymore.
- Auto naming function was not adjusting text selection.
- Panning in Line In stereo was reversed.
- There were duplicated notes in the Fill range.
- Some button labels were stuck when switching back and forth between Instrument Effects and Parameters screens.
- Always select Column first when Shift+Up was used at the top of the pattern.
- Fixed pattern length handling when clearing tracks on 128-step patterns.
- Fixed visual glitch in Song screen when changing active slots in green mode.
- Allow switching between live rec and edit without stopping transport.
- While “Preview Track” was running on the Song screen, the first Stop button didn’t work.
- Fixed unresponsive Instrument Effects parameter editor after hot switching instruments.
- Fixed input of notes via Note button popup.
- Fixed freeze after re-entering Config screen when a config option was changed but not confirmed.
Changes from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0
Firmware Release Highlights
New MIDI I/O functionalities:
- Per step MIDI Chords.
- MIDI Microtune step Fx.
- Performance mode is now controllable via MIDI input.
- Master mixer levels are now controllable via MIDI input.
- Tracker can now be configured to send 6 distinct MIDI CCs per MIDI channel.
- Added support for sending MIDI channel aftertouch and polyphonic aftertouch.
- MIDI instruments in Pattern mode can now be present without a note (specify which MIDI channel to send CC).
- MIDI delay compensation for external clock sources in Config.
Overall enhancements and workflow refinements:
- Tune step Fx.
- Track Arm Recording.
- Live Audio Line Input Monitoring is now available during song playback.
- Long Sample Importing.
- Lo-quality Importing (saves sample pool memory time).
- Purge unused samples.
- Timestretch Fx in Sample Editor.
- Bit depth available as step and Performance Fx’s.
- Transpose octaves by turning the Jog-wheel with Shift in note editing.
- Enhanced Pattern Fill command: Euclidean fills, density setting in Random fills.
- Rewritten from scratch rendering mechanism.
New sound sculpting possibilities:
- 5-band master EQ.
- Bass booster.
- Stereo enhancer.
- Updated Limiter with gain reduction meter.
- Line Input can now be a Sidechain source for the Limiter.
Onboard games are now available to catch a breather from a hard day of music-making.
- Polyend Tracker v1.3.0 firmware update is required to run the games.
- Games will be accessible from the Files menu.
- Use the on/off button to exit a game.
Please save your active project before upgrading firmware.
Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.2.2
- Increased sequencer tempo accuracy.
- Improved performance of MPT file transfer.
- Improved file memory management in Sample Loader.
- Tracker was freezing in Song mode under certain circumstances.
- Sample loader crash when accessing a folder with .wav in its name.
- Select Instrument was getting disabled after using Jog-wheel in step record.
- The imported .mod files had an incorrect Fx mapping.
- Recorded microtiming was incorrectly quantized.
Changes from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
- Added pattern Copy/Paste, Undo/Redo, Duplicate, Expand and Shrink actions from the Screen buttons level in the Pattern section.
- Hold down the Pattern screen button in the Pattern mode to see the occupied patterns as lit up pads.
- Group step selecting and preview in the Pattern view is now available in the green mode.
- Mute labels in the Pattern view when Shift is pressed.
- Track renaming is now possible.
- Added automatic sample conversion algorithm in the Sample Loader.
- Confirmation popup for instrument replace & delete actions in the Sample Loader section.
- Completely rebuilt Sample Loader section.
- Implemented sample “de-clicking” algorithm.
- Added Overdrive real-time effect (both in Instrument Parameres and as a “D” Step Fx).
- Added EQ Fx in Sample Editor section.
- Added Overdrive Fx in Sample Editor section.
- Added Fade In/Out Fx functions in Sample Editor section.
- Added Normalizer Fx in the Sample Editor section got moved to the top of the list.
- New slower LFO speed values (all but Amp): 48, 64, 96, 128 were added.
- Added tempo tap function.
- Change the BPM value in decimal values (0.1) with the Shift key pressed.
- Press and hold the Tempo screen button to edit the BPM (this will prevent accidental tempo changes).
- In the Song mode, it’s now possible to switch between the Play Pattern and Play Song without stopping the sequence.
- Updated Song mode interface. A Green mode was added where the screen scrolls with the timeline and the Red mode for edition.
- Added playback mode icons in the sections top bars (headers).
- Implemented MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) which basically lets you browse the files and folders stored on your SD card from a computer level.
- Limit of 100 files per folder behaviour is changed. The Tracker will automatically divide folders carrying more than 100 files into subfolders.
- Added two new Master screens for per track, reverb & delay, dry mix volume levels with mute & solo in full range.
- Added ability to raise the volume above 0 dB using Gain, both for instruments and mixer.
- Track volume, Reverb and Delay Send Fx values are now displayed in dB.
- Master volume is now global, not per project.
- The notes/instruments used in the pattern sequences can be now visually displayed on the grid of pads (Config function).
- Sequence step enumeration is now available in decimal or hexadecimal values as a Config choice.
- Visual updates in the Config and introductory descriptions for the featured functions.
- New Config setting for Send Fx’s: Post-fader/Pre-fader selection.
- New Config setting for master Limiter Fx: Subtle/Hard selection.
- Added sample anti-aliasing on/off toggle switch in the Config.
- Firmware files are now being sorted by the version number.
- Added Reset Config function in the Firmware section.
- It’s now possible to play pads and use the sequencer over the MIDI output in the Sample Recorder section.
- New external MIDI recording options in Config – only notes/velocity/microtiming/velocity+microtiming.
- Start/Stop live recording without stopping the sequencer.
- Added new Custom Pattern Play mode with ten variations in the Performance section.
- Implemented Green/Red mode in the Performance section.
Changes from 1.0.5 to 1.1.0
- High-quality Reverb is now implemented.
- Implemented sample anti-aliasing in all the play modes.
- Sequential/Immediate pattern change actions in the Performance mode unified with the Pattern mode.
- Fixed bug with notes skipping randomly.
- Adjusted precision of the limiter.
- Improved audio rendering and .it files export.
- Track number is now greyed out when muted.
- Increased resolution in the Granular play mode display.
- Added hold and preview for long samples in Sample Loader.
- General user interface and instrument stability improvements.
- Added metronome with a pre-roll function and a choice of time signatures.
- Press of a Play button in the Song mode will trigger the entire composition.
- General MIDI improvements incl. MIDI timecode and ext. clock optimisations.
- Use home in the Song mode for an immediate jump to the top of your composition.
Changes from 1.0.0 to 1.0.5
- Fixed bug which was stopping voices when transitioning between Song and Instrument Parameters.
- Fixed bug monophonic step recording produces double notes.
- Fixed bug which froze the Tracker while selection rendering.
- Fixed bug when the step preview was not always working.
- Fixed bug with random audio output artifacts.
- General MIDI improvements and bug fixes.
- General performance improvements.
- Improved text input.
- Random shape S&H LFO type added.
- Normalizer fx added in the Sample Editor.
- Record chords in the horizontal selection.
- Song mode view is now indicating which tracks are muted.
- Improved MIDI instrument recording, editing, and previewing.
- Undo/Redo in pattern mode – undo key + left/right/jog-wheel.
- The Delete key sets the default values of the most available parameters.
- Correct patterns with different lengths in the Performance mode playback.
- Use pads playback in Sample Loader (from SD with base pitch only, from sample pool – pitched).
- Use Length and Step + left/right buttons to change the values with predefined values (1,2,4,8 etc).
- Sample load, delete, copy operations in the Sample Loader are now possible while the sequencer is running,
Added features, improvements, and bug fixes. Check Medusa’s currently installed firmware version in the Config/Firmware.Changelog
- Added a 6-voice 3-operator digital FM synth engine.
- Reworked pitch bend and glide.
- Improved “Channel per Voice” mode.
- Added MIDI Program Change.
- LFO Synchronization with MIDI Clock.
- Added a per-preset option to “Skip muted voices” during voice selection in P1 and P2 mode.
- Fixed digital clicking at note start.
- Improved analog AMP envelope release handling (no clicking on the release of the last held note).
- Long note releases are no longer cut short when no notes are held.
- When a second held note is released in Mono mode, the first one returns with the last one’s volume instead of full volume.
- When a note is pressed when no voices are available in Next voice priority, the least recently used voice is taken over (note that in the First voice priority Medusa will not play another note if all voices are used, this is deliberate).
- Auto-calibration now uses a smart timer that increases intervals as the device warms up.
- Increased responsiveness when a lot of USB MIDI data is incoming.
- Incoming “all notes off” and “all sound off” MIDI CC messages are now respected; Sustain pedal (CC64) is now supported in all play modes (MIDI hold mode).
- Changing Pads Root Note, Layout, Scale, or MIDI Middle C while notes are held no longer causes hanging notes.
- MIDI aftertouch no longer causes hanging notes in Mono mode.
- Amp envelope in all polyphonic modes is now updating on the screen.
- Allowed skipping muted voices in P1 and P2 modes.
- Allowed unselecting the only playing note in Hold mode in M play mode.
- Fixed sequence playback in Grid mode always using First note priority in P1 and P2.
- Fixed held note continuation in M mode being interrupted after Sustain pedal was released.
- Made held legato note continuation in M mode work when both MIDI input and pads are used.
- Made the Channel 9 mono synth in DFM mode ignore the Sustain pedal (it’s only used by the polyphonic FM voices, just like Hold mode).
- Fixed a rare freeze when both MIDI IN and internal sequencer were playing many notes at once.
- Fixed hanging notes if Sequencer is started, Note 2 is TIE, and the external clock is not advancing.
MIDI update, changes from 2.0 to 3.0.1
- Added LFO random S&H wave (the last position).
- Each synth parameter is now displayed with the assigned CC number.
- Both LFOs and envelopes are now able to send out their native values out as CC (set it up from the MIDI config menu).
- Added MIDI Local Off (as a MIDI config option), you can now use the Medusa MPE pads to play another instrument and play the internal synth engine with an external controller at the same time.
- Config reset added to the flashing process.
- Swing bug eliminated.
Features upgrade, changes from 1.0 to 2.0
- Refined Grid workflow.
- Adjusted Filter Cutoff.
- A new set of 64 wavetables.
- Fixed external MIDI clock sync.
- New more precise DADSR behaviour.
- Enhanced knob noise filtering mechanism.
- New presets from Benn Jordan and Machinedrum.
- Added velocity off also for external MIDI controllers.
- New pads backlit: Note – 2/3, Tie – 1/2, Modulators – 0.
- Voice priority is now a preset value instead of a global setting.
- Record note length in live record mode and in the incremental mode.
- Fixed MIDI behaviour when receiving lots of communicates, won’t crash anymore.
- Now, in order to see the pads with modulators only, press and hold the Clear button.
- Enhanced Drone mode, you can now turn on and off the notes while they’re sustained.
- A repaired issue with playing external controller over MIDI DIN in Monophonic play mode.
- While holding a pad with modulators, they will change the sound as long as you hold them not only per sequenced step time as before.
- When the sequencer is running, pressing other pads in the Grid mode is not taking over the note, just the synth voice parameter modulations.
- When the sequencer is running and you’re editing a single step, you can actually hear the modulations made to this particular step as long as you hold it pressed.
- Note TIE (note length) and RND (change note in a selected scale in a range of two octaves) per step. When in the Grid mode editing notes, click the encoder once to use Tie and twice to use Random.
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Check the Seq’s currently installed firmware version on the splash screen at startup. Before commencing the update read the installation instructions text file attached in the archive. Important – when flashing, connect the Seq to the computer using the USB cable only, with AC adapter disconnected! Otherwise, you’ll brick it. If this happens, don’t sweat, just reflash the bricked Seq on the USB power only.Changelog
Changes from 2.0 to 2.2.6
- The MIDI transport was behaving strangely in certain circumstances, not anymore.
- Fixed issue where note offsets (nudges) recorded from external controllers were not working properly.
- Added compatibility with the new Polyend Seq Tool for firmware flashing and pattern dump/load functionality.
- The issue with populating a track with the use of the Roll knob causing that the manually added steps were muted is now fixed.
- Notes incoming from the external controller over MIDI input are not being automatically transmitted to all MIDI outputs (DIN, USB) anymore as it was causing a lot of conflicts.
- In certain circumstances the Seq was getting out of sync when externally clocked, this was fixed.
- Overall stability enhancements.
Changes from 1.0 to 2.0
- Added Random roll Velocity Curve.
- The start button resets the cue point for all the tracks.
- All the previous user-reported bugs are now removed.
- The increased refresh rate for the incoming MIDI signals.
- New rolls behaviour, they work on the whole length of a step now.
- Toggle on/off of a step with roll attached won’t lose the roll parameter anymore.
- Unstable behaviour while on an external MIDI clock in the first phrase was fixed.
- Added per track step retrigger – click and hold down the Move knob and indicate the step/s on a track/s you want to retrigger from.
- Added roll Note Curve – each step in the roll’s length will trigger notes in a scale set to the particular track – Flat, Inc, Dec, Inc-Dec, Dec-Inc, Random.
- New Tempo knob functionality. Used with a track button gives access to a per-track tempo divider/multiplier, MIDI channel input, MIDI channel output, MIDI output source (two last positions moved from the Note knob section).
Added features, improvements, and bug fixes. Check Poly 2 currently installed firmware version in its Config menu. Find the updated online and PDF manual versions in the Help section.Changelog
Changes from 2.05 to 3.2
- Improved gate triggering/control for the incoming MIDI note on and off messages. Now the minimum time of one gate state is 5 ms (it is Independent of the time between MIDI notes on and off messages).
- Currently used voices are shown on the main screen now,
- Added screensaver which turns on a minute after the last encoder action,
- New option to set a global MIDI channel for all Play modes except for Channel mode,
- The menu is now displaying the selected parameter values (Voice, Play mode, Notes, Channels, Channel mode, Custom CVs),
- MIDI Thru was not working properly in certain scenarios of use, not anymore,
- Overall stability and performance enhancements,
- Corrected musical scales filters,
- Revised legato in Mono play mode,
- Corrected glide function,
- From now on glide in Mono play mode is not influencing the first legato note,
- It is now possible to set the pitch-bend before sending a note,
- Corrected CV support for CC in Voice mode.
Changes from 2.0 to 2.05
- Improved USB Host port stability.
- Fixed glide in the lowest octaves.
- Fixed contingent momentary voltage present on the CV outputs in particular scenarios.
- Now CCs (1-128) can be assigned to a voice (1-8) or paired with MIDI channel (all, 1-16).
- New play mode – Mono was added with a legato functionality implemented (legato isn’t available in channels mode anymore).
- The Middle C config option was changed to Octave Offset it now allow changing incoming notes in a range of four octaves +/-.
Changes from 1.0 to 2.0
- Fixed smoothing.
- Fixed pitch-bend values.
- Improved aftertouch conversion.
- Minor stability fixes implemented.
- Rebuild and simpler CV/CC menu.
- Improved MPE functionality and added an MPE profile.
- Note On with 0 velocities was able to freeze a voice, not anymore.
- The naming of the pitch bend values is now changed from z +/- notes to +/- semitones.
- Added Glide functionality (now on the main screen instead of the musical scale indicator).
- Added Factory Reset function in the config menu and changed default settings of middle C.
- A large number of MIDI communicates were able to freeze voices over the USB host port, fixed.
Added features, improvements and bug fixes. Apparently, Preset does not have a screen to check the firmware version, so you can’t check it. Just update it to the newest one to make sure it’s running on it.Changelog
Changes from 1.06 to 1.07
- When in sequence mode (clock signal on input) pressing pads do not restart the sequence from that point. It allows modifying the sequence during playback.
- Highlight currently edited and played preset on the pad, also when editing the value.
- Encoders react to every single turn properly.
- Performance optimizations.
Changes from 1.0 to 1.06
- Fixed Scales.
- Fixed Microtuning.
- CV input type was not saved to the preset, not anymore.
- Turning the encoder in the Cyan/Notes mode will now automatically play the selected note.
- Simultaneous press of the three function buttons together was sending a gate signal, not anymore.
- Added fourth CV input mode – Sync Automation, where received gate signal reset/retrigger all the recorded automation.