Polyend Play: 1.3 Firmware Update
We're announcing the official Polyend Play 1.3 firmware update.
New features delivered in the Polyend Play v1.3 firmware update:
- Steps and Tracks can now be copied and pasted between Audio and MIDI.
- Improved assignment of MIDI CCs to control external devices. MIDI Learn Improvements:
- When Note = No Note and playback is stopped: MIDI CCs are sent out (previewed) individually so that the external MIDI receiver can learn them. Important: Playback must be stopped for MIDI learn to work properly.
- MIDI Pitchbend resets to 0 after stopping the sequence (if it was used).
- MIDI Program Change messages are now sent per MIDI channel instead of per MIDI track.
- MIDI channels for note input are now configurable in the MIDI menu.
- Lost MIDI clock data is now detectable and an onscreen message when using MIDI Clock In and MIDI Clock data is lost.
- MIDI parameter values are reset to default when switching MIDI Channel.
- Stopped triggering notes with “No Note” value when using Scales combined with Repeats, Chance, and Chords in MIDI tracks.
- Scale filter was not applied to Broken and Fixed repeat types in MIDI tracks.
- Humanize Chance action was only sending negative values.
- MIDI PC messages are now sent after switching patterns.
- Double-tapping Chance, Repeat, Chord, Note Length parameters in MIDI tracks now goes to default values instead of empty values (which caused playback issues).
- Song Tempo changes were not applied to next pattern if playback was running.
- MIDI Out Jack no longer stops working after prolonged use.
Tank / Alien repeats in MIDI tracks now match the behavior in Audio tracks. Note: this may make some tracks sound different when using Tank/Alien with MIDI
- Bit Depth parameter in MIDI tracks sends only CC values 4-16 (fixed to full range 0-127)
- Notes no longer hang when using Note parameter and MIDI Clock In is external
- MacOS metadata files with “_” are now hidden and ignored when browsing and loading files on Play (samples, projects, fills)
- Previewing notes during MIDI live recording now play back at the proper Note Length
- Overlapping notes on the same port/channel will all receive Note Off MIDI messages
Register your Play on polyend.com/my-account and get access to the firmware and other free stuff like new sample packs and factory content.
Visuals & sound by Isobutane